As the holiday period draws ever closer, we wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of our members for your support during 2017.
People join a trade union for a variety of reasons, but whatever their motive, by being a member of the RFU, through your subscriptions, you are enabling us to assist colleagues from around the UK who find themselves turning to us in their time of need.
Over the last 12 months we have:
- represented members in dozens of disciplinary investigations, leading to jobs being saved, minimising sanctions and causing cases to be thrown out
- supported countless grievances covering issues such as bullying and harassment, loss of pay, victimisation and statutory entitlements
- represented members at medical appeals – and won
- submitted complaints on behalf of members to the Pension Ombudsman – and won
- brokered legal agreements (Compromise agreements)
- commissioned dozens of Personal Injury (PI) claims against a number of FRS, ALL of which have been successfully concluded this year
- provided legal advice on members primary employment matters
- fought and won ill-heath and injury pensions for members who were being refused a pension by their employer
- supported members through mediation processes
…not to mention the countless ad-hoc advice and support we provide to members on a daily basis.
In addition, the RFU represent the views of its members both at a local and national level where we sit on various committees covering a wide range of issues such as Health and Safety, Operational Guidance, Pension Schemes and CBRNe to name a few.
We are funded solely by member’s subscriptions so without you we would not be able to provide this valuable service.
We believe that the support we provide is unique, our members do not incur any additional cost for the service we provide and we cover a multitude of circumstances including primary employment support.
Our network of local officials cover the UK, they are volunteers who provide professional and intimate support 24/7, 365 days a year and we are so very proud of each and every one of them.
So to our local officials and our members, we would like to say THANK YOU for your support during 2017 and wish you all a Merry (and safe) Christmas and a Happy New Year.