Member Assistance Programme (MAP)
As an Association we are acutely aware of the increased pressure the national pandemic has caused Fire Service personnel and specifically On-Call personnel who are likely to have been detrimentally affected within their primary employment.
Even prior to the pandemic it has become noticeable that our casework has increasingly involved situations of poor mental health, often caused by fire service culture, with little if any support mechanisms in place for the firefighter to access.
In an effort to fill this void, the Association has entered into an agreement with two well-known providers that will be available to all members as an additional benefit.
Exclusive access for FRSA members
What is a Member Assistance Programme (MAP)?
A MAP is a confidential member benefit designed to help you deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting your home life or work life, health and general wellbeing.
Our MAP service provides a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7, covering a wide range of issues. We strongly believe in providing a MAP service that offers not only reactive support when someone needs it but also proactive and preventative support to deliver the best possible outcomes.
Health Assured pride themselves on offering the highest level of service quality, assured through the calibre of people we employ and our exceptional clinical governance infrastructure.
With Health Assured there really is a better way
Balancing everyday life with the requirements of work and home can create pressures for all of us. Work is a large part of people’s lives. With increasing working hours as well as technological developments to support remote working, it is vital to ensure that there’s a productive, healthy environment that is conducive to a healthy lifestyle.
Health Assured, in partnership with FRSA, provides all members with complimentary access to an enhanced Member Assistance Programme (MAP) to assist you in achieving this balance.
Health Assured offers cover for you and your immediate family members*, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year:
- Life support: Unlimited access to counselling for emotional problems.
- Legal information: For any issues that cause anxiety or distress including debt management, accountancy, lawsuits, consumer disputes, property or neighbour legalities (members only).
- Bereavement support: Health Assured offers qualified and experienced counsellors who can help with grief and related stress plus a team of legal advisors to help with legal issues.
- Medical information: Qualified nurses are on hand to offer advice on a range of medical or health related issues. They can’t diagnose but can offer a sympathetic ear and practical information and advice.
Introducing the My Healthy Advantage smartphone app
The health and wellbeing of our members is paramount. This is why we are proud to offer you all access to My Healthy Advantage, Health Assured’s comprehensive health and wellbeing app.
Through My Healthy Advantage, you will have access to a range of features, all aimed at improving your health and wellbeing. These include:
- Weekly mood tracker – Keep track of your ﬁnancial, physical and general wellbeing via our weekly mood tracker. My Health Advantage uses push notiﬁcations to remind you to complete your weekly mood tracker, via a set of simple questions.
- Mini health checks – My Healthy Advantage offers a collection of mini health checks within the app for the following: height & weight (BMI), waist, sleep, alcohol, mental health and fatigue.
- Four week plans – Through My Healthy Advantage, you can access a selection of four week plans all aimed at improving your health, such as quitting smoking, losing weight and coping with pressure. You can reﬂect on your progress and input diary entries at the end of each week.
- Wellbeing articles – Covering a wide variety of topics, including; emotional, physical and financial wellbeing, legal, housing and consumer issues, retirement, childcare and much more.
Contact FRSA HQ (01953 455005 or [email protected]) to obtain your access code.
In addition to counselling support and advice, we also offer a virtual library of wellbeing information. These informative articles and self-help guides provide support on a range of health and advisory issues, as well as instant guidance to aid of a member’s physical and mental health.
We understand that the information needs to be available in a way that is suitable for you, whenever you require it. From simple lifestyle changes to advice for many of life’s most common concerns, the portal offers:
- Interactive health assessment providing personal tailor-made dietary tips and fitness plans
- Fitness and lifestyle advice, such as detoxing methods
- Four week self-help programmes
- Mini health checks
- Financial wellbeing articles
*Health Assured define dependants as immediate family members (spouse/partners) and children aged 16 to 24 in full time education, living in the same household.